Training Professional Services Support Contact
Home  > Careers
Ideas - Innovation and Insight
Careers
Position: AutoCAD Trainer (part-time employee or as consultant)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area - Travel is possible to both Ideate Sacramento and San Jose offices as well as customer sites in Northern California. 

Position Summary:

This position is perfect for a practicing architect, engineer, or draftsperson who can dedicate 3-6 days per month to classroom training. 

The ideal job candidate is someone who loves talking to people and gauges his/her own success by both the customer’s confidence level (at the end of the class!) and by the customer’s enjoyment.  The ideal candidate is someone able to anticipate 90% of the customer’s questions through his/her own experience and loves the other 10% of the questions because they enjoy learning.   

Summary of Responsibilities:

The AutoCAD Trainer is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or lab setting according to the course objectives. You will be responsible for training on the latest version of AutoCAD products and for maintaining expertise in the subject area.

Requirements:

  • Obtain a passing grade (77%) on the AutoCAD 2011 Certified Associate Exam.
  • Have proven educational experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment specifically teaching AutoCAD.
  • Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required.
  • Passion for learning and passion for teaching.
  • Understand/Investigate customer expectations, and exceed those expectations in a class-room environment.
  • Proficient with a current version of AutoCAD (AutoCAD 2010 minimum)

Additional Requirements:

  • Be willing to travel, including travel to all Ideate offices.
  • Be willing to work with an off-site manager.  Email and phone communication with your manager will be essential to this job.

Organization:
Ideate, Inc. is a leading Autodesk solutions provider, offering quality software, training, support and custom consulting and 3D printing services to AEC professionals. Established in 1992 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Ideate is recognized as a Gold Partner for Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Autodesk's highest level of authorization. Ideate, Inc. operates five Autodesk Authorized Training Centers (ATC): San Francisco; Sacramento, California; San Jose, California; Portland, Oregon and Seattle. Ideate facilities are Autodesk Authorized Certification Centers, providing globally recognized certification courses for professionals who sell, service and support Autodesk products and solutions.

Ideate, Inc. is also an Autodesk Authorized Developer with 25+ years experience in software development and specific focus on Building Information Modeling (BIM). Ideate BIMLink works with RevitŪ Extension to let users pull data from a Revit file into user-friendly Microsoft Excel and push Excel data into Revit with equal ease. The Ideate Explorer for Revit, is a simple, powerful Revit tool to explore, quantify and manage the 10,000+ building elements in your Revit model.

Compensation:
Compensation shall be on a per-day basis as a part-time, on-call employee and does not include benefits.  Time commitment is approximately one or two 3-day classes per month.

To apply for this job, send your passing grade from the AutoCAD 2011 Certified Associate Exam to jobs@ideateinc.com along with a cover letter and resume.

About Ideate


Who we are
What we do
What we believe
Careers
Contact Us

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy   © Copyright 2011 Ideate Inc.