FumeFX is a fluid dynamics engine designed for simulation and rendering of realistic fire, smoke, explosion and other gaseous phenomena.
It's versatility, robustness and intuitive workflow makes it a perfect solution for the most demanding tasks in the computer graphics industry. Almost every aspect of simulation can be customized through 3ds max scripting, allowing user to interfere with simulation computation at the lowest level.
Simulation License Now Available
The FumeFX Simulation License works in concert with the full FumeFX product to provide users with the ability to offload the FumeFX simulation to other network machines to calculate, leaving the artist free to continue to work within their scenes without having to wait for the calculations to complete.
IIt also lets artists reduce their R&D cycles since users can fire off multiple simulation sets to different network systems to calculate in parallel. This affords the artist the ability to try various combinations of settings to see what works best for their scene without having to sacrifice their machine in the process.
When done, users simply load the completed simulation data into their scenes and see the results.
This is truly a must-have add-on for serious FumeFX users.
- Production proven results demonstrate this technology’s ability to achieve realistic smoke and fire effects for cutting-edge industry applications.
- FumeFX supplements the user’s artistic vision with the power of real-world physics for the ultimate in both style and realism.
- A multitude of parameters and FumeFX helpers give users incredible control of the fluid’s behavior and appearance.
- Easy to use, basic effects can be created with just a few clicks.
- Options include the use of powerful AFC and Gradient controls, which are unified through all Sitni Sati products.
- Plug-in design incorporates extensive support for Particle Flow and Thinking Particles.
- Dynamic simulations allow for bi-directional influence between FumeFX and particle systems.
- Advanced scripting is possible with almost every aspect of FumeFX, including access to all simulation data.
- Capable of dynamic interaction with other scene objects.
- finalRender GI support
- Start simulations from scratch or by using other simulation results as starting point.
- Stop, pause and continue simulations at any point.
- Simulation is multithreaded – user can select how many CPU’s to dedicate to simulation.
- Simulations beyond available memory can be swapped to disk.
- User can watch the simulation progress in the interactive Preview Window.
- Draft simulations can be created in mere minutes for fast previewing.
- User has control of which data will be written to output files for rendering and other uses.
- The Preview Window gives users almost instant feedback on render settings.
- Fast self-shadowing is produced through an Illumination Map.
- A highly efficient Multiple Scattering model enhances light dispersion throughout fluid
- Fluid Mapping integrates procedural map details with fluid motion.