Resolve to keep your RVTs clean and well oiled in 2012. Use Ideate Explorer for Revit to take on these essential tasks:
- Review/Cleanup Imports. Unused Import files (DWG/DGN) are cluttering your RVT and impacting performance. Get rid of them now while you can.
- Assure that only Company Standard Text and Dimensions are being used. It’s easy to use the wrong style of there are too many to choose from. Prevent printing headaches and make sure only approved styles are used.
- Audit keynote and revision usage. What’s been keynoted? Where are the revision clouds? You’re in charge of quality control – you need to know these answers.
- Review the model and detail lines. Improper use of model lines or selecting the wrong detail line will surely result in a printing mishap. Audit now.
- Audit the workset organization. Controlling performance and visibility through worksets can work well, until objects are misidentified. Review workset assignments quickly to nip these problems in the bud.
While not a complete list, it’s a great starting point. Start the year off right by auditing your projects today with Ideate Explorer for Revit.
For more information on the software solutions, training, and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Glynnis Patterson, NCARB
Director of Software Development
Glynnis is a Registered Architect and has worked within the BIM industry since 1998. A graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, she has worked as an architect, educator, and construction site manager. Glynnis is currently the Director of Software Development at Ideate Software, and she continues to work with AEC clients worldwide, developing and consulting on solutions to Building Information Modeling challenges. In her spare time Glynnis does volunteer work for ECLC of New Jersey and Grow it Green Morristown. Follow Glynnis on Twitter.