Thank you for visiting Ideate’s blog to check out the new features added to Autodesk Revit Structure 2013. My name is Shruti Harve and I work as a Senior Application Specialist at Ideate, Inc. When modeling Rebar using Revit Structure, I almost always have to use a combination of the Area, Path and Rebar reinforcement tools. But because rebar modeled using Area and Path reinforcement did not display in 3D, it was always a challenge to create a 3D reinforcement detail. But not anymore with Revit Structure 2013!
Starting in Revit Structure 2013, Area and Path Reinforcement is now able to host structural rebar, much like the way beam systems and trusses host structural framing. You can now display rebar elements in floors, walls or foundation slabs, in all views including 3D views, schedule rebar and remove the area or path system to expose the individual rebar elements.
In addition, the following enhancements have been made to modeling reinforcement in Revit Structure 2013:
- Improved Snapping-To Fillets and Hooks
- This feature provides references on a stirrup/tie rebar fillet and hook that provide standard bars an additional reference for rebar joins. Users can now select a layout rule before clicking to place rebar
- Fabric Reinforcement Added to Revit Structure
- You can now place evenly lap-spliced Fabric Sheets in floors, walls or foundation slabs
- Several New Structural Units Added
- Several new Structural units have been added including those for structural rebar, i.e. Reinforcement Area and Reinforcement Area per Unit Length.
For more information on the software solutions, training and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Shruti Harve, LEED AP
Ideate Senior AEC Application Specialist
Shruti holds a Master of Science degree in Architectural Computing from University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom and is LEED accredited. Her experience includes working in Architecture and Construction firms in India and the United Kingdom as well as Structural Engineering firms in the Bay Area providing design, 3D modeling and drafting services. At Ideate, Shruti provides training and support for Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, 3ds Max, Ecotect and AutoCAD Architecture.