Here is how you collaborate a design with a remote project team member: first, open your favorite browser, then create an online meeting and then share your screen. What if you could do all that from within AutoCAD? Yes, that’s right! You can now create that online meeting, share your screen and chat all from within AutoCAD – use the Collaborate Now button from the newly revamped Online tab in AutoCAD 2013.
You can also save and access your drawings via AutoCAD in cloud. Autodesk 360 integrates AutoCAD WS and lets you share, view, edit any drawing online or on your mobile application.
The connection between this online interface and desktop AutoCAD is the “Online” tab in AutoCAD 2013. Online tab appeared for the first time in the ribbon in AutoCAD 2012 and has been revamped to integrate the desktop application with web interface. Autodesk is dedicated to giving the AutoCAD users a complete web experience right from within AutoCAD interface including AutoCAD on Facebook and Twitter.
Here is a Summary of the Power of the Online Tab:
- Autodesk 360 lets you access your Autodesk 360 cloud account
- Online Options lets you change your Autodesk 360 options from within AutoCAD
- Open on Mobile sends the drawing to AutoCAD WS online
- Upload Multiple will let you upload multiple files to your Autodesk 360 account
- Sync My Settings start/stop to sync your AutoCAD settings with your Autodesk 360 account
- Choose Settings lets you choose which settings are synced with Autodesk 360 account
- Share Document uploads a saved file to your Autodesk 360 account and lets you email the link to the file.
- Collaborate Now is icing on the cake – my favorite. It uploads and opens your file in AutoCAD WS session in which you and your client/sub can simultaneously view and edit your file.
For more information on the software solutions, training and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Senior Application Specialist Infrastructure
Gaurav is a Senior Application Specialist for Infrastructure Solutions at Ideate based out of San Francisco. He has over 18 years of experience in construction and related software industry. With this extensive design technology background he helps engineering and surveying companies, federal and state government agencies, and ENR 500 firms critically analyze and improve their construction drawing production process. He implements Civil infrastructure design technology led by InfraWorks and Civil 3D and has helped Ideate grow Civil Infrastructure Services. Being an industry recognized speaker he has presented cutting edge design technology at several industry conferences such as Autodesk University. Find Gaurav on Twitter.