Thank you for visiting Ideate’s blog to check out the new features added to Autodesk Revit 2014. My name is Shruti Harve, and I work as a Senior Application Specialist at Ideate, Inc.
There have been several improvements to the material editor and material browser in Revit 2014 that makes it easier and faster to work with materials.
These improvements are:
- The Material Editor and Material Browser are now consolidated into a Single dialog box making it much cleaner and easier to navigate through
- You can now sort, assign and organize materials by class
- There are tabs on the right pane that allow for easy editing of materials
- A little hand symbol on the right pane displays on the ‘Appearance Tab’ shows how many materials share the same ‘Appearance asset’
- There is now a Show/Hide Library button in the project material pane. This lets you collapse the library panel if you need to display more items in the project materials list
Don’t forget to look through the great features our Ideate Technical Team has found in the new 2014 releases for Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Navisworks, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and more.
For more information on the software solutions, training and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Shruti Harve, LEED AP
Ideate Senior AEC Application Specialist
Shruti holds a Master of Science degree in Architectural Computing from University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom and is LEED accredited. Her experience includes working in Architecture and Construction firms in India and the United Kingdom as well as Structural Engineering firms in the Bay Area providing design, 3D modeling and drafting services. At Ideate, Shruti provides training and support for Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, 3ds Max, Ecotect and AutoCAD Architecture.