As an instructor of Ideate’s Revit Beyond the Basics courses, I have the opportunity to speak with experienced users about their Revit workflows. One question that comes up often is how to connect stair runs with landings. When we first create a stair, we have the option to use the ‘Automatic Landing’ setting in the Options Bar to automatically connect stair runs. But how do we add a landing if this setting was not originally selected?
Here’s how to add a stair landing in six easy steps:
- Hit <Tab> key until stair is highlighted. Then select the stair.
- In the ‘Edit’ contextual panel, select the ‘Edit Stairs’ tool.
- Now in sketch mode, select the ‘Landing’ tool in the ‘Components’ contextual panel
- In the 3D view, select the first stair run.
- Select the second stair run. The landing will be created.
Select the Finish Edit Model.
Thank you for reading. For more information on the software solutions, training and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Katrina is an AEC application specialist at the Ideate, Inc. San Francisco office. She is a California–licensed architect with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from the University of the Philippines. Katrina has over 18 years of experience in the AEC industry with a focus on both commercial and hospitality projects. She is also a Revit Certified Professional with over 8 years of experience utilizing the software on both small and large-scale projects, from programming to project close out.
Ideate AEC Application Specialist