A deployment is a repackaging of an installer that enables an IT manager to set all the program options and create a deployment “image.” Deployments aren’t required, but they can create efficiencies. We recommend that organizations with many installations use deployments. Here are the simple instructions on how to set them up:
- When you have fully downloaded the product, you should see the product (we are using Revit 2018 in this example) on your C drive in the Autodesk folder.
- Click “Setup.exe”
- A dialog box will open with three options:
- Install Tools & Utilities
- Create Deployment (If you don’t see this option, you haven’t selected or downloaded the entire product)
- Select “Create Deployment”
- Complete the form (remember to comply with any company standards):
- Deployment configuration name—Enter a descriptive name for the deployment that identifies the user group, platform, or other attribute to differentiate this deployment from others.
- Administrative image path—Enter the path or browse to the shared network folder to create and store your administrative image. Users will install from this location, so it must be a shared folder where users have read-write access.
- Hit “Next”
You’re all set!
To see a demonstration, see the screencast on Bradley’s page on the Autodesk Knowledge Network.
For more tips on how to get the most out of your Autodesk software, visit the Ideate Blog.
For more information on the software solutions, training and consulting Ideate provides, please visit the Ideate, Inc. homepage.
Technical Support & Services Manager
Bradley earned his Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Oregon, Portland. His special research and design emphasis was on commercial production facilities including wineries, breweries, and distilleries. Bradley’s professional experience has a design focus on build services for residential construction and environmental graphics. Within his community, he volunteers as a youth athletics coach. As Ideate’s Technical Support & Services Manager and a Revit Instructor, Bradley provides Revit MEP training and support for AEC firms. He is based in the Ideate Portland, Oregon office.