Summary of Responsibilities:
Receive incoming requests for quotations and orders from customers, and answer any other general information questions. Make outgoing calls to customers for the purpose of prospecting and profiling.
- Receive telephone and e-mail requests for price quotations and orders.
- When issuing quotes and orders, make sure the products and quantities are correct.
- Follow up with the customer on ALL quotes and proposals that you issue.
- Make sure all the correct and essential information is on a sales order, so the order can be processed efficiently.
- In a competitive or special situation, be creative to close deals while trying to maximize the gross profit of the deal.
- Determine if a customer should be passed on to an Account Manager or Strategic Account Executive for a larger opportunity.
- Profile the customer
- From the profile, do a quick needs assessment on the customer and discuss that with them, and determine if an Account Manager or Strategic Account Executive should get involved.
- Using reports from NetSuite call customers on the following items:
- Current promotions
- Ideate training classes
- Important announcements that affect their software
- New product offerings from Ideate
- Ideate events like seminars, product demonstrations, and workshops
- Enter all appropriate information into NetSuite.
- Enter in a sales event with good notes for all sales calls and e-mails.
- On your quotes, enter in your best estimation on closing date so forecasts and reports can be generated.
- Fill in all the important data fields for customers and contacts when profiling.
- Send customers information to help move the sale along.
- Send appropriate product literature on our software and services.
- Send customers any other information that may help them make a decision (ie. website links, web events, live events, software trial versions, press releases, success stories, etc.).
- Customer Service
- Work with all of our resources to answer any questions for the customer.
- Work with all of our resources to help solve any issues for the customer.
- Get answers and information to customers in a timely manner.
- Always recommend products and services solutions designed to help customers achieve their objectives.
- Keep yourself informed of any new products within the industries that you sell to.
- Keep yourself informed of all promotions that are available to our customers within the industries that you sell to.
- Be aware of all the product literature that is available to you from our vendors, partners, and within Ideate.
- Know your team. Know the product strengths of the application specialists and your fellow Ideate sales people, and know your contacts for our vendors and partners.
- Send quotes for subscription renewals to customers.
- Overwhelmingly delight the customer
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org